stock specification V12 Jaguar engine rebuild
Basic specification and price guide
Team CJ V12 Jaguar stock spec engine rebuilds, from $25,000
A Team CJ standard specification engine rebuild actually features a number of performance and reliability upgrades over a true OEM spec engine.
- Each engine is fully disassembled, thoroughly cleaned and acid washed.
- Main bearing housings are measured for sizing and alignment, and an align hone is performed as required. A full align hone adds approximately six hours of labor to the rebuilding process.
- The crankshaft is carefully stripped, checked for straightness and cracks, ground to size for optimum bearing clearances, meticulously cleaned and zero balanced.
- In certain circumstances, V12 crankshafts may need to be Nitrided (hardened) during the grinding process. Nitriding adds approximately $500 to the cost of the engine rebuild.
- Connecting rods are similarly checked for alignment, straightness and cracks, before being sized, bushed and meticulously balanced.
- New liners are then torque plate honed to size to accept high quality Mahle OEM specification cast alloy pistons.
- All other new cylinder block components, such as the timing chains, tensioners, dampers, oil pump, bearings, rings, gaskets, etc are the highest quality components available.The cylinder heads are completely disassembled, media blasted, pressure tested and measured for straightness.
- Warped heads are straightened in a special oven on a straightening fixture. Head straightening is billed on a time and materials basis, at the prevailing shop rate.
- The alignment of all cam saddles is checked and corrected on the align hone machine, as needed. A cam cap align hone typically adds around 5 hours of shop labor (per head) to the cost of an engine rebuild.
- Any corroded areas (particularly around the water jackets in the deck) are ground back, welded, machined and gasket matched. This type of repair is billed on a time and materials basis, at the prevailing shop labor rate.
- New custom CJ valve seats are installed as a matter of course, along with new springs, valves and custom CJ magnesium bronze valve guides.
- Tappets are checked for wear and replaced as needed.
- All CJ engine rebuilds are finished to the highest concours standards.
- Warranty for a standard specification CJ engine rebuild is 36 months with unlimited miles.
Commonly specified (optional) upgrades:
- Upgrade to forged Team CJ pistons - $1,200
- Align hone as needed - $600
- Billet steel ultra-light CJ flywheel - $695